OPCorp recently hacked, change your password
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WarHampster's GBA Masterpiece

Go down

WarHampster's GBA Masterpiece Empty WarHampster's GBA Masterpiece

Post by Guest Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:33 pm

The game:

You control the airship, which must defend the left side of the screen from attacking evil angry faces. You loose points for letting the enemies get to the left side of the screen, and get points for shooting them. When 25 enemies are killed, you win and your final amount of points is displayed. Be careful, the enemies move increasingly faster! To discourage cheating, you are killed if the number of escaped enemies is greater than the number of killed enemies. Obviously, you die if an enemy runs into you :p.

Controls:

Start - begin the game

A Button - shoot

D - pad - move

How to play -

Open the ROM with you're GBA emulator of choice. I use VisualBoyAdvance (PC) for debugging, it has a built in disassembler so it's really useful for development. If you're on a mac I recommend Boycott Advance, but any GBA emulator should do the trick. I haven't tested this on actual GBA hardware, but theoretically (if you took the time to flash a ROM) it should work fine.

EDIT - I forgot to add, once you download the ROM remove the .txt so the extension is .gba. File hosting sites like to treat ROMS as text files for some reason.

Screenshots -

WarHampster's GBA Masterpiece Masterpiece000hr5

WarHampster's GBA Masterpiece Masterpiece001vs1

All the programming and sprites were done by me, except for the airship sprite (which I got off the internet) and the font (it's the standard GBA font). The rest of the sprites are not representative of my spriting ability, I made them in 2 minutes in MS paint.

Download -

LATEST UPDATE - http://www.mediafire.com/?mmq0lfobmg2

This is by no means the greatest game ever, but it's a nice little demo that I will most likely build off of in the future.

Back to top Go down

WarHampster's GBA Masterpiece Empty Re: WarHampster's GBA Masterpiece

Post by Guest Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:04 pm

Awesome! To bad I deleted my GBA emulator. I'll have to get a new one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:14 pm

* recomends VisualBoyAdvance *

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:41 pm

Ok, I will look into it. Thanks Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content